Life of a Kept Woman

I want to chronicle this particular niche - a woman being well cared for by a man for no other reason than it fulfills them both.

Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States

In 2001, I stopped working and focused on having the most pleasurable and fulfilling life possible. Today, I have succeeded my wildest expectations. A “kept woman” is a woman who is being supported comfortably by a man for reasons having nothing to do with marriage, children, or sex. We are intelligent women, who know there is more to life than proving yet again we can do it just as well as men. We are choosing lives of comfort and service, but only to the extent that it pleases us. The men who support us do so because they see it as their best move for a rich life with a partner who can create a lifestyle based on having the best of what life has to offer for them both. The best is everything from cocktails at sunset to cycling together mid-day to serving the poor.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Where to start. . . . Perhaps with the sweetness . . . .

I live near the Oakland Hills in a house that George purchased for me when I decided I wanted to leave the community where we had met and were residing. That community is Lafayette Morehouse. More on this later. We live in a large 2-story house that we share with our kitty, Solstice as well as our 2 housemates - Zoe and Michael. We have housemates because it helps with the mortgage, of course. Our primary reason, though, is because it's more fun to have people around especially other women.

I met George when I was on a sabbatical from my former life as corporate human resource manager. We got together about a year later. We made a deal that he would fully support me while we researched being in a primary relationship with each other as we pursued the goals of responsible hedonism. Our definition of responsible hedonism is simply to have the most pleasurable life possible, to have fun, to do the next most fun thing, to not do anything we don't want to do. It's an easy thing to want, it can be a harder thing to have.

Today . . . my lifestyle is not upscale, but it is definitely luxurious. I mostly get up when I want. There is no where I really have to be. A beautiful Brazilian woman comes to clean our house every week. I go to Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Market Hall in Rockridge in my Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy ingredients for whatever dinner or cocktail party we're having that week. An invitation to one of our parties is not to be missed. We are trained hedonist so we know how to have a good time. George shakes a mean classic cocktail, while I am the expert on ambiance and the wine enthusiast. Zoe and Michael have really added to our capacity to have memorable parties.

A typical day for me includes meditation, spending time online, reading, shopping, getting some form of physical healing or pampering or both, preparing food, arranging our calendar, planning content for a group or a post, and snuggling with George. On the weekends, we take our tandem bicycle out on half-day adventures, have parties, and generally lounge around together.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home